GOVT. OF NCT OF DELHI DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF HEALTH SERVICES
PUBLIC HEALTH WING-IV
3rd Floor, DGD Building School Block, Shakarpur, Delhi-110092 Ph: 011-22482016, Email: email@example.com
Delhi State Health Bulletin for Containment of COVID-19
(No. 1/ March 4th 2020) COVID-19 Status as on 4.3.2020 at 6 AM
Global: 93123 Cases (including clinical cases) , Deaths 3128 National: 5 Cases, O Deaths Delhi State: 1 positive Case, 0 Death,
- WHO has declared the recent Novel Corona Virus (2019-nCoV) epidemic affecting 72 countries and 3128 global death as International Public Health Emergency of International Concern In this context, Delhi state has strengthened the surveillance and control measures against the disease.
- First meeting of State Task Force conducted today under chairmanship of Hon’ble Chief Minister GNCTD. Apart from officials of task force from Delhi government, all agencies like DMRC, APHO, MCDS, NDMCs, Delhi Cantonment, ESI, CGHS, Railways, WHO, UNICEF were apprised on their roles and responsibilities and were asked to delineate the work in wake of emergency of COVID-19.
- Hon’ble Health Secretary had reviewed the preparedness status of state and all districts with CDMOs, DSOs, and Nodal Officers of designated hospital on 03.03.2020 and assures the preparedness at its highest level in wake of warranting issue of covid- 19.
- District Task Force meeting on COVID-19 has been taken in seven districts (North East, South West, West, South, Central, and South East & New Delhi) under chairmanship of District Magistrate of the district and all necessary steps have taken at districts.
- A meeting with all the DCs of the districts has been conducted under chairmanship of Secretary (HFW) on 4.3.2020 to review the preparedness and issues for the containment of COVID-19.
- Technical session on COVID-19 has been conducted by WHO under chairmanship of DGHS.
- 7194 medical officers/ paramedical staff/ health workers have been sensitized.
- 25 hospitals (Govt. and Pvt.) have been designated and strengthened their isolation beds/wards with necessary logistics and designated staff.
- Till date, 1,25, 745 travellers from corona affected countries have been screened at Delhi Airport and placed under surveillance. Out of which 6027 passengers were stayed in Delhi.5926 passengers were approached by state and 4545 passengers were found asymptomatic and advised for home isolation (self-quarantine) while total 152 symptomatic patients were admitted in designated Hospital.118 samples found negative while 01 case found positive and result of 33 cases are pending.
- A person from East Delhi, with a history of travel from Italy, has been tested to be positive forCOVID-19. Total 92 contacts of Delhi index case have been traced. Out of these 92 contacts 14 belong to Delhi and rest 74 contacts have been cross notified to respective states. Out of 14 contacts two were symptomatic and found negative for COVID-19.Another incidence of 24 contacts ( 21 Italian & 3 Indian) of Italy travellers group who have travelled to Rajasthan, 14 contacts (Italian citizen) and one contact (Indian Citizen) found positive for COVID-19. 29 contacts of Italian travellers have been traced and hotel staff has been sensitized on Infection, Prevention and Control and the rooms where they stayed have been disinfected.
- In the background of the present COVID-19 outbreak, the general public is advised to adhere to health advisories issued by the State Government. Public should follow the cough etiquette by covering the nose and mouth using handkerchief/towel while sneezing/coughing. Do frequent handwashing with soap and water. A full page colour advertisement in leading newspapers in Hindi, English and other vernacular languages has been published on 4.3.2020 for awareness creation.
- A 24×7 control room has been set up in the State and all District Head Quarters. Those who have arrived from the corona affected countries should remain under strict home isolation for 28 days from the date of arrival in India, irrespective of travel history and in case of any query contact on 24×7 Call Centre number: 011-22307145, 22300012, and 22300036.