GOVT. OF NCT OF DELHI DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF HEALTH SERVICES
PUBLIC HEALTH WING-IV
3rd Floor, DGD Building School Block, Shakarpur, Delhi-110092 Ph: 011-22482016, Email: email@example.com
Delhi State Health Bulletin for Containment of COVID-19 (No. 5/ March 8th 2020)
COVID-19 Status as on 8.3.2020 at 6 AM National: 34 Cases, 0 Deaths
Delhi State: 3 Cases, 0 Death
|Hospital||Cummulative No. of Passengers from Affected Country Under observation AS on Today||Cummulative No. of Asymptomatic Passengers under home isolation AS on Today (nCOV Sample Negative Patients Discharged)||Cummulative No. of Symptomatic Passengers Hospitalized AS on Today||No. of Symptomatic Passengers Hospitalized Today||Cummulative No. of Positive (Delhi)||Cummulative No. of Positive (Outside Delhi)|
|RML||104||88||11||1||0 (As per report sent today)||0 (As per report sent today)|
- Total calls received and responded at State Head Quarter Control Room – 43 calls
- Total number of Calls received at CATS – 5
- Till date, 1,45,389 passengers from COVID-19 affected countries have been screened at Delhi Airport and placed under surveillance. 4686 passengers from affected countries were screened today.
- Second meeting of State Task Force (STF) was held under the chairmanship of Hon’ble Chief Minister, GNCTD, on 8th March 2020 at 11:30 AM to review the current situation for the containment of COVID-19 in Delhi. Following important decisions were taken:
- All the 25 hospitals designated for COVID-19 may be authorized to initiate collection of samples of COVID-19. Microbiologists of all these designated hospitals will be trained by National Centre for Disease Control for sample collection, packaging, transportation etc. All procurements related to the containment of COVID-19 may be done by the respective hospitals.
- Intensive public awareness campaign should continue to disseminate the modality of spread and prevention from infection. It was reiterated that District
Magistrate may utilise the funds available under National Health Mission for the same
- Under cluster containment strategy every District must ensure constitution of at least 50 surveillance teams of ASHA/ Anganwadi worker/ ANM at field level to carry out house to house survey in the designated containment zone. These teams shall make house to house visit to line list the members having symptoms. A performa for these teams has already been finalised by Public Health-IV. The containment zone may be finalised by the District Task Force. It was agreed that the boundaries of the colony separated from the other localities by main roads may be identified as the administrative boundary for the containment around index positive case taken as epicentre.
- Several and adequate number of teams should be constituted in each district to cover the vulnerable areas/places viz., markets, JJ Clusters, unauthorised colonies etc., for undertaking mass awareness programs on COVID-19. At the places like ISBTs, Railway Stations, Metro Stations, the concerned agencies should carryout such program. They should also ensure that their premises/control area including buses, metro trains etc., are disinfected and cleaned on daily basis. District Task Force (DTF) should supervise and monitor such activities through field teams available with them.