GOVERNMENT OF NATIONAL CAPITAL TERRITORY OF DELHI
HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE DEPARTMENT 9TH LEVEL, A-WING, DELHI SECRETARIAT, IP ESTATE, NEW DELHl-110002
No.F.51/DGHS/PH-IV/COVID-19/2020/M/prsecyhfw/3064-3163 Dated: 22/03/2020
Whereas it is imperative to adopt strict social distancing and isolation measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 in NCT of Delhi.
And Whereas the Government of NCT of Delhi has issued the Delhi Epidemic Diseases, COVID-19 Regulations, 2020 under the Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897 for prevention and containment of COVID-19.
Now therefore, the Govt. of NCT of Delhi in exercise of the aforesaid powers hereby notifies a lockdown in the whole of territorial jurisdiction of NCT of Delhi from 0600 hrs on Monday, 23rd March, 2020 to midnight of Tuesday, 31 st March, 2020, stipulating the following restrictions:
a. No public transport services including operation of private buses, taxis, autorickshaws, rickshaws and e-rickshaws etc. shall be permitted. Only DTC buses shall operate at not more than 25% capacity to cater to personnel engaged in essential services.
b. All shops, commercial establishments, factories, workshops, offices, godowns, weekly bazaars etc. shall close their operations.
c. The motorable and unmotorable borders of NCT of Delhi with the neighbouring states of Haryana and Uttar Pradesh shall be sealed.
d. Movement of inter-state buses/trains/metro (DMRC) shall be suspended.
e. All domestic/international flights arriving to Delhi during this period shall be suspended.
f. Construction activity of any kind shall be suspended.
g. All religious places of any denomination shall be closed.
h. People are required to stay at home and come out only for basic services (as enumerated below) within the vicinity of their residences while strictly following the social distancing guidelines issued earlier.
1. However, the following services/establishments are excluded from the purview of this order and shall continue to function normally:
a. Offices charged with law and order and magisterial duties
f. Fair Price Shops (Public Distribution System)
i. Municipal Services
j. Activities related to functioning of Legislative Assembly of Delhi
k. Pay and Accounts Office (only for salary/wages/contingent/health & essential services related expenditure)
l. Print and Electronic Media
m. Cashier/Teller operations of banks (including ATMs)
n. Telecom, Internet and Postal services
o. E-commerce of all essential goods including food, pharmaceutical and medical equipments
p. Food items, groceries (fruits/vegetables/milk/ bakery items, meat, fish etc.)
q. Milk plants
r. General Provision stores
s. Take away/ home delivery in restaurants.
t. Chemists and Pharmacies.
u. Petrol pumps, LPG/Oil agencies (including their godown and transportationrelated activities)
v. Animal fodder
w. Manufacturing, processing, transportation, distribution, storage, trade/commerce and logistics related to all the above services/establishments and commodities required for delivery of these above services
x. Any other essential service/establishment that may be exempted by the Government
2. The aforesaid services/establishments that are permitted to function shall strictly follow the guidelines and protocol related to social distancing, without deviation.
3. People who come out to provide or avail essential services shall be allowed on their selfdeclaration.
4. Any congregation of more than 5 persons is strictly prohibited and punishable as per law.
5. The employees of private establishments (including temporary/contractual/outsourced etc.) required to stay at home in view of this order shall be treated as “on duty” and be paid in full.
6. Order in respect of the offices of the Government of India shall be issued by the Government of India accordingly.
7. Any person found violating this order shall be prosecuted as per the relevant provisions of law.
8. The following authorities shall ensure strict compliance of this order:
a. Addl. Chief Secretary (Transport), GNCTD
b. Chairperson, NDMC
c. Chairperson, AAI
d. Commissioner of Police, Delhi
e. Commissioners (SDMC/EDMC/NDMC)
f. MD, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation
g. GM. Northern Railway
h. Commissioner (F&CS), GNCTD
i. MD, DSIIDC
j. All District Magistrates of GNCT of Delhi
k. Commissioner, Food Safety, GNCTD
l. Commissioner, Excise, GNCTD
m. Controller (Weights & Measures), GNCTD
By order and in the name of the Lt. Governor of National Capital Territory of Delhi
Secretary (Health & Family Welfare)