GOVERNMENT OF NATIONAL CAPITAL TERRITORY OF DELHI
HEALTH & FAMILY WELFARE DEPARTMENT
9TH LEVEL, A-WING, DELHI SECRETARIAT, I.P. ESTATE, NEW DELHI-110002
No. F.51/DGHS/PH-IV/COVID-19/2020/prsecyhfw/3331-45 Dated 24.03.2020
Whereas the Government of NCT of Delhi has issued the Delhi Epidemic Diseases, COVID19 Regulations, 2020 under the Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897 for prevention and containment of COVID-19.
And Whereas the Govt. of NCT of Delhi in exercise of the aforesaid powers has notified a lockdown in the whole of territorial jurisdiction of NCT of Delhi from 0600 hrs on Monday, 23rd March, 2020 to midnight of Tuesday, 31st March, 2020 vide order dated 22.03.2020.
And Whereas the inter-state borders of Delhi with its neighbouring states of Haryana and Uttar Pradesh have been sealed.
And Whereas it is imperative to successfully implement the notified lockdown as also to ensure the unhindered operation of construction/maintenance, manufacturing, processing, transportation, distribution, storage, trade/commerce and logistics related to all the essential services/establishments and commodities required for delivery of the essential services as detailed in Annexure -1.
Now therefore, in order to facilitate smooth and uninterrupted operation of the aforesaid essential services/establishments and commodities and to ensure effective operation of the lockdown, the following Standard Operating Procedures is laid down :
1. Government/PSU employees engaged /requisitioned for providing essential services
The employees of such Departments/Autonomous Bodies/PSUs of GNCTD engaged in providing essential services/activities as detailed in Annexure-I shall be allowed unhindered movement in and out of Delhi, on production of their official Identity Card. Those employees of Government/ Autonomous Bodies/PSUs of GNCTD, who are requisitioned for providing essential services shall be allowed unhindered movement in and out of Delhi on production of a pass to be issued by the offices of the DMs concerned/Divisional Commissioner/HoDs or any gazetted officer authorized by the HoDs in the prescribed format as per Annexure -II.
2. Outsourced and contractual employees/personnel engaged by Government Departments/PSUs/Autonomous Bodies in providing essential services
Such employees/ personnel shall be allowed unhindered movement in and out of Delhi on production of a pass to be issued, by the offices of District Magistrates concerned/Divisional Commissioner/ HoDs concerned or any Gazetted Officer(s) authorised by HoDs, in the prescribed format as per Annexure-II attached herewith.
3. Health Care Personnel of Private Sector
All the health care personnel who are private employees viz. Private doctors/paramedical staff/lab technicians etc. shall be allowed free movement on production of their employer ID cards. Self-employed doctors/ healthcare personnel shall be allowed movement in and out of Delhi on production of official I-Card issued by their regulatory body/related government organisation.
4. All other essential service providers in Private Sector
Private personnel who are engaged in providing essential services shall be allowed to move in and out of Delhi on production of a pass to be issued, by the offices of District Magistrates concerned /Divisional Commissioner/ District Deputy Commissioners of Police concerned/ HoDs concerned or any Gazetted Officer(s) authorised by HoDs, in the prescribed format as per Annexure-II.
5. Vehicles engaged in transportation of essential commodities and vehicular passes for the private vehicles of the officials mentioned in category 1, 2, 3 and 4 above
Private vehicles for the persons in category 1 and 2, must obtain passes issued by the offices of District Magistrates concerned/Divisional Commissioner/HoDs concerned or any Gazetted Officer(s) authorised by HoDs in the prescribed format as per Annexure-III attached herewith.
The vehicles engaged in transportation of essential commodities and private vehicles for the persons in category 3 and 4 must obtain passes issued by the offices of District Magistrates concerned/Divisional Commissioner/District Deputy Commissioners concerned of Police/HoDs concerned or any Gazetted Officer(s) authorised by HoDs in the prescribed format as per Annexure-lII attached herewith.
6. Movement of general public
The general public of Delhi are advised not to move out of their homes unless absolutely essential and use of vehicles should be curtailed to bare minimum. Movement out of homes should only be made for procurement of essential services / commodities only, if necessary or for any medical exigency to a clinic/hospital. Movement will be allowed on self certification basis.
7. Delhi residents stranded outside Delhi
The persons, who are residents of Delhi and are stranded outside Delhi for some reason, shall be allowed to enter Delhi on production of any valid ID/Residence proof showing their residential address in Delhi.
a. The e-pass (in the prescribed format as per Annexure -II) shall be issued to the persons coming from outside Delhi, in category 2 and 4, if needed, by the offices of District Magistrates concerned.
b. The applicants can apply for such e-pass on Whatsapp to the authorized mobile numbers as specified in Annexure-IV or on the email ID ddma,firstname.lastname@example.org giving their particulars along with relevant documents pertaining to their identity and essential service as the case maybe.
c. Such an e-pass shall also be received on the same Whatsapp number or email of the applicant and shall be valid.
9. 24*7 CONTROL ROOM
A 24*7 Control Room is being set up at the Office of Divisional Commissioner, GNCTD and also at all the offices of District Magistrates of GNCTD. An officer of the rank of ACP shall be available at all Control Rooms at all times to ensure proper liaison with the offices of District Magistrates on real time basis.
10. NODAL OFFICERS AT INTER-STATE BORDER CHECKPOSTS
An officer not below the rank of Sub-Inspector of Police and a revenue official of appropriate seniority shall be available round the clock at the inter-state border check posts at all entry points of Delhi, who will facilitate the seamless movement of vehicles engaged in transportation of essential goods/services/commodities as well as r, rs 4 the personnel engaged in providing essential services. The phone numbers of all such officers shall be made available to Addl. Chief Secretary (Home), GNCTD; Divisional Commissioner, GNCTD; Secretary (Health & Family Welfare), GNCTD and all District Magistrates of GNCTD latest by 0900 hours of 25th March, 2020.
By order and in the name of the
Lt. Governor of National Capital Territory of Delhi
Secretary (Health & Family Welfare)
No. F.51/DGHS/PH-IV/COVID-19/2020/prsecyhfw/3331-45 Dated 24.03.2020
1. Addl. Secretary (UT), MHA for kind information
2. Commissioner of Police, Delhi with a request to issue revised instructions in the matter accordingly and its communication to all concerned.
3. Pr. Secretary to Hon’ble Lt. Governor of NCT of Delhi, New Delhi.
4. Addl. Secretary to Hon’ble C.M., Govt. of Delhi, New Delhi.
5. Secretary to Hon’ble Dy. C.M, Govt. of Delhi, New Delhi.
6. Secretary to Hon’ble Minister Health & Family Welfare, GNCTD
7. OSD to C.S, Govt. of NCT of Delhi, New Delhi.
8. Pr. Secretary (School Education/Higher Education/Technical Education) •
9. Chairperson, New Delhi Municipal Council
10. Director, General Health Services, GNCTD
11. Commissioner, MCD (EDMC/NDMC/SDMC)
12. All the District Magistrates in the Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
13. Mission Director, Delhi State Health Mission (DSHM), Delhi
14. Director, Directorate of Family Welfare, GNCTD
15. Director, DIP with the request for wider publicity.
16. SIO, NIC for uploading the same on the website of Delhi Government.