Government of NCT of Delhi
DELHI DISASTER MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY
No. F702107/2020/S.I./30 Dated 08.04.2020
Whereas, Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) is satisfied that the NCT of Delhi is threatened with the spread of COVID-19 epidemic, which has already been declared as a pandemic by the World Health • Organisation and has considered it necessary to take effective measures to prevent its spread in NCT of Delhi;
And whereas, Govt. of India has notified lockdown all over India, including the territory of NCT of Delhi, w.e.f. 25th MarCh, 2020 till midnight of 141″ April, 2020 to curb the menace of “COVID-19”;
And whereas, Delhi Disaster Management Authority has issued various orders/ instructions from time to time to all concerned authorities to take all required measures to appropriately deal with the situation;
And Whereas, it is imperative to strictly observe the lockdown and isolation measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 in NCT of Delhi.
And whereas it has been observed in some studies that wearing of facial masks can reduce the spread of corona virus substantially, from and to persons coming in contact with each other, apart from compulsory social distancing measures.
And whereas it has become imperative that in the larger public interest, wearing of mask by any person who is moving in any public place is essential.
Now, therefore, in exercise of powers conferred under Section 22 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, the undersigned, in his capacity as Chairperson, State Executive Committee, GNCTD, hereby directs the following measures:
- All persons moving for whatsoever purpose and under whatever reason/authority in public places, like street, hospital, office, markets must wear 3-ply mask or cloth mask compulsorily.
- Any person moving around in his personal and official vehicle must be wearing these masks compulsorily.
- Any person working at any site/office/workplace must wear the masks as mentioned above.
- No person/officer will attend any meeting/gathering without wearing these masks as mentioned above.
- These masks may be standard mask available with the chemist or even homemade washable masks and can be reused after proper washing and disinfecting them.
It shall be the responsibility of the employer to ensure that his/her employees wear the 3-ply mask or cloth mask without fail.
Anybody violating these instructions will be punishable under the section 188 of Indian Penal Code (48 of 1860) and will be strictly penalised. These instructions must be followed very scrupulously.
Chief Secretary, Delhi
Encls.: As Above
Copy for compliance to:
- Commissioner of Police, Delhi
- All District Magistrates, GNCTD
- All District Deputy Commissioners of Police, Delhi
Copy for kind information to:
- Pr. Secretary to Lt.Governor, Delhi
- Addl. Secretary to Hon’ble Chief Minister, Delhi
- Secretary to Hon’ble Dy. Chief Minister, Delhi
- Pr. Secretary, Urban Development, GNCTD
- All Members of State Executive Committee, DDMA
- Director, DIP, GNCTD with the request for wider publicity
- SIO, NIC for uploading the same on the website of Delhi Govt.