GOVERNMENT OF NCT OF DELHI
DELHI DISASTER MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY
No. F.2/07/2020/S.I/part file/212 Dated: 01.06.2020
Whereas, the Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) is satisfied that the NCT of Delhi is threatened with the spread of COVID-19 epidemic, which has already been declared as a p an de mic by the World Health Organization, and has considered it necessary to take effective measures to prevent its spread in NCT of Delhi;
And whereas, Delhi Disaster Management Authority has issued various orders/instructions from time to time to all authorities concerned to take all required measures to appropriately deal with the situation;
And whereas, Delhi Disaster Management Authority has issued Order No. 176 dated 18.05.2020 with regard to extension of lockdown till the midnight of 31.05.2020, in pursuance of Ministry of Home Affairs , Govt. of India Order No.40-3/2020-DM-l(A) dated 1ylh May 2020.
And whereas, Ministry of Home Affairs , Govt. of India , vide Order No. 40-3/2020-DM-l(A) dated 30.05.2020 annexed with guidelines for Phased Re-opening (Unlock-I) as well as further DO letter No. 40-3/2020-DM-l(A) dated 30.05.2020 (copy enclosed), has ordered to extend the lockdown in Containment Zones upto 30.06.2020 and to re-open prohibited activities in a phased manner in areas outside the Containment Zones.
Now , therefore, in exercise of powers conferred under section 22 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, the undersigned, in his capacity as Chairperson , State Executive Committee , DDMA, GNCTD, hereby directs as under:
- The lockdown period in the Containment Zones in the territory of NCT of Delhi is extended upto 30.06.2020. In the Containment Zones, all actions should be taken strictly as per Clause-3&4 of Annexed guidelines in letter and spirit by all authorities concerned. The guidelines issued in this regard by Ministry of Health & Family Welfar e, Govt. of India as well as Department of H&FW, GNCTD will be strictly implemented.
- In the areas of NCT of Delhi outside Containment Zones, the permissible and prohibited activities w.e.f. 01.06.2020 shall be as specifie d in the Annexure-A enclosed with this order.
- All District Magistrates of Delhi and their counterpart District Deputy Commissioners of Police shall ensure the strict enforcement of these instructions and shall also adequately inform and sensitize the field functionaries about these instructions for strict compliance , in letter and spirit.
- Pr. Secretary (l&P) shall ensure vide publicity and dissemination of the instructions issued in this order and annexed guidelines to the public for their knowledge and convenience
All the Departments of GNCT of Delhi / Autonomous bodies/ PSUs / Corporations / Local Bodies / Delhi Police shall ensure strict compliance of this order as well as MHA Order dated 30.05.2020 along with annexed guidelines and Annexures I & II.
Chief Secretary, Delhi
Copy for compliance to:
- All Additional Chief Secretaries/Principal Secretaries/Secretaries/HODs of Government of NCT of Delhi.
- Commissioner of Police, Delhi
- Chairman, New Delhi Municipal Council.
- Pr. Secretary (l&P) for wide publicity in NCT of Delhi
- Commissioner (South DMC/East □M C/North DMC).
- CEO, Delhi Cantonment Board.
- All District Magistrates of Delhi
- All District DCPs of Delhi
Copy for kind information to:-
- Pr. Secretary to Hon’ble Lt. Governor, Delhi.
- Addi. Secretary to Hon’ble Chief Minister , GNCTD
- Secretary to Hon’ble Dy. Chief Minister, GNCTD.
- Secretary to Hon ‘ble Minister of Health, GNCTD.
- Secretary to Hon’ble Minister of Revenue, GNCTD.
- Secretary to Hon’ble Minister of Labo ur, GNCTD.
- Secretary to Hon’ble Minister of Social Welfare, GNCTD.
- Secretary to Hon’ble Minister of Food & Supply, GNCTD.
- Addi. Chief Secretary (Home) , Delhi
- Pr. Secretary (Revenue)-cum-Divisional Commissioner, GNCTD.
- Alt members of State Executive Committee, ODMA, GNCTO.
- System Analyst , 0/o Divisional Commissioner, Delhi for uploading of the order on website – ddma.delhigovt.nic.in.
- Guard file.
- The following activities will continue to remain prohibited throughout the NCT of Delhi:
- Metro Rail Services
- All schools , college s, educational / training / coaching institutions etc. will remain closed. Online / distance learning shall continue to be permitted and shall be encouraged.
- Hotels and other Hospitality services , except those meant for housing health / police I Government officials / healthcare workers / stranded persons including tourists and those used for quarantine facilities; and running of canteens at bus depots , railway stations and airports.
- All cinema halls, shopping malls, gymnasiums, swimming pools, entertainment parks , theatres, bars and auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places.
- All social / political / sports / entertainment / academic I cultural /religious functions / other gatherings and large congregations .
- All religious places/places of worship shall be closed for public. Religious congregations are strictly prohibited.
- The following activities are permitted with restrictions as specified. No permission is required from any authority for undertaking the following permitted activities:
- Restaurants shall be permitted to operate kitchens for home delivery & takeaway of food items.
- Transportation by buses: Intra-State (within NCT of Delhi) movement of buses (OTC as well as Cluster) shall be permitted with the condition that not more than 20 passengers shall be allowed at one time inside the bus. In the case of buses boarding shall be allowed only from the rear door while de-boarding shall b allowed only from the front door. Before entering into the bus, each passenger shall be screened through thermal gun on ‘best effort’ basis. The Transport Department shall deploy adequate number of bus marshals inside each bus at all times for maintaining social distancing inside the bus and restricting the number of passengers to 20. Social distancing shall be ensured by Transport Department at all bus stands 1 depots by deploying adequate number of marshals.
- The transportation of passengers, other than by buses shall also be allowed after disembarkment of every passenger the driver shall disinfect the passenger sitting area.
- All Private Offices as well as Government Offices shall be permitted to function in full strength. However, for private offices, as far as possible the practice of work from home should be followed.
- SHOPS AND MARKETS:
- All markets and market complexes shall remain open.
- Social distancing (2 Gaz ki doori) will be maintained in all cases. If social distancing is not maintained by any shop, then the said shop shall be liable to be closed in view of public health hazard involved in containing the spread of COVID-19 pandemic and the shopkeeper shall also be liable for prosecution under the relevant laws.
- Industrial establishments shall be permitted to function .
- Construction activit ies shall be permitted wherever the workers are available on site or could be transported to the site from within the NCT of Delhi.
- Marriage related gathering subject to social distancing (maximum 50 guests allowed)
- Funeral / last rites related gathering subject to social distancing (maximum 20 persons allowed.
- RWAs shall not prevent any person from performing their services and duties which has been permitted under these guidelines.
- Containment Zones
- Lockdown shall continue to remain in force in the Containment Zones till 30 June, 2020.
- Containment Zones will be demarcated by the District authorities after taking into consideration the guidelines of MoHFW.
- In the Conta inment Zones, only essential activities shall be all owed. There shall be strict perimeter control to ensure that there is no movement of people in or out of these zones, except for medical emergencies and for maintaining supply of essential goods and services. In the Containment z ones, there shall be intensive contact tracing, house-to-house surveillance, and other clinical interventions, as required . Guidelines of MoHFW shall be taken into consideration for the above purpose.
- All other activities will be permitted, except those which are specifically prohibited. However, in Containment Zones, only essential activities shall be allowed.
- Measures for well-being and safety of persons:
- The movement of individuals shall remain strictly prohibited between 9.00 p.m. to 5.00 a.m., except for essential activities. District authorities shall issue orders, in the entire area of their jurisdic tion, under appropriate provisions of law, such as under Section 144 of CrPC, and ensure strict compliance.
- Protection of vulnerable persons – Persons above 65 years of an . o ag e , persons with co-morb1d 1t1es, pregnant women, d ch_ildren below the age of 10 years are adv ised to stay at hom,e essential and health purposes.
- Unrestricted movement of persons and goods
- Movement of individuals and vehicles is allowed within the NCT of Delhi. No separate permission/ approva l/ e-pe rm it will be required for these movements.
- In view of current public health situation in the NCT of Delhi, inter-state movement of non- residents of Delhi, into the territory of Delhi shall be allowed only on the production of e-passes issued for essential services or in case of emergent circumstances , by author ities of respective State/UT and I or District Magistrates of NCT of Delhi. However, Government employees shall be allowed on the production of Government ID card.
- Movement by passenger trains and Shramik special trains ; domest ic passenger air travel ; movement of Indian Nationals stranded outside the country and of specified persons to travel abroad; evacuation of foreign nationals ; and sign-on and sign-off of Indian seafarers will continue to be regulated as per SOPs issued.
- No authorities of GNCT of Delhi and Delhi Police shall stop the movement of any type of goods/ cargo for cross land-border trade under Treaties with neighbour ing countries.
- National Directives for COVID-19 Management – National Directives for COVID-19 Management, as specified in Annexure I, shall continue to be followed throughout the NCT of Delhi.
- Use of Aarogya Setu
- Aarogya Setu enables early identification of potential risk of infection, and thus acts as a shield for individua ls and the community.
- With a view to ensuring safety in offices and work places, employers on best effort basis should ensure that Aarogya Setu is installed by all employees having compatible mobile phones.
- District authorit ies n:iay advise individuals to install the A rogya Setu application on compatible mobile phones and regularly update their health status on the app. This will facilitate timely provision of medical attention to those individuals who are at risk .
- Penal provisions – Any person violating these measures will be liable to be proceeded aga inst as per the provisions of Section 51 to 60 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, besides legal action under Section188 of the 1PC, and other legal provisions as applicable. Extracts of these penal provisions are at Annexure II enclosed.