GOVERNMENT OF NCT OF DELHI
DELHI DISASTER MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY
F/1.(571)/DDMA(HQ)/DDMA Orders/Misc. Matters/21/364 Dated: 06.04.2021
Whereas, Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) has issued order No. 363 dated 27.03.2021 thereby directed to maintain status quo with regard to permissible/prohibited activities and restricted number of persons in all gatherings/congregations in NCT of Delhi;
- And whereas, situation of COVID-19 in NCT of Delhi has been reviewed and it has been observed that there has been a sudden increase in COVID-19 cases in recent past along with high positivity rate and therefore, it is felt that night curfew needs to be imposed in the territory of NCT of Delhi from 10:00 pm to 05:00 am, except for essential activities/services, as an emergency measure for well being and safety of people.
- Now, therefore, in exercise of powers conferred under Section 22 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, the undersigned, in his capacity as Chairperson, State Executive Committee, DDMA, GNCTD hereby directs that there shall be night curfew on movement of individuals (except for exemptions in para-4) in NCT of Delhi with immediate effect from 10:00 pm to 05:00 am till 30.04.2021 or further orders, whichever is earlier.
- Following categories of individuals are exempted from the above restriction:
a) Officers / officials of Government of India, its autonomous/subordinate offices & Public Corporations and officers/officials of GNCT of Delhi/autonomous bodies/corporations involved in emergency services such as Health and Family Welfare and all related medical establishments, Police, Prisons, Home Guards, Civil Defence, Fire and emergency Services, District Administration, Pay & Account Office, Electricity, Water and Sanitation, Public Transport (Air/Railways/Buses), Disaster Management and related services, NIC, NCC and Municipal services, and all other essential services on production of valid I card. The uninterrupted delivery of public services shall be ensured by the concerned departments/agencies.
b) All private medical personnel such as Doctors, nursing staff, paramedical, etc. and other hospital services (such as hospitals, diagnostic centres, clinics, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and other medical & health services), on production of valid I card.
c) Pregnant women and patients for getting medical / health services.
d) Person coming from/going to Airports/Railway stations/ISBTs allowed to travel on production of valid ticket.
e) Officers/officials related to functioning of offices of Diplomats of various countries as well as persons holding any constitutional post on production of valid I card.
f) There shall be no restriction on inter-state and intra-state movement / transportation of essential / non-essential goods. No separate permission / e-pass will be required for such movements.
g) Movement of persons related to commercial and private establishments providing following essential services/commodities shall be allowed:
i. Shops, dealing with foods, groceries, fruits & vegetables, dairy & milk booths, meat & fish, animal fodder, pharmaceuticals, medicines and medical equipments.
ii. Banks, Insurance offices and ATMs.
iii. Print & Electronic Media.
iv. Telecommunications, Internet services, broadcasting and cable services, IT and IT enabled services.
v. Delivery of all essential goods including foods, pharmaceuticals, medical equipments through e-commerce.
vi. Petrol pumps, LPG, CNG, petroleum and gas retail and storage outlets.
vii. Power generation, transmission and distribution units and services.
viii. Cold storage and warehousing services.
ix. Private security services.
x. Manufacturing units of essential commodities.
xi. Production units or services, which require continuous process.
h) Persons who are going for COVID-19 vaccination.
- The movement of the individuals specified above in para-4(g) & 4(h) shall be allowed only with the possession of e-pass (in soft or hard copy), which can be obtained by applying on the website http://www.delhi.gov.in. The concerned District Magistrates shall be responsible for issuance of e-passes for above activities and for overall implementation of these measures in their respective jurisdiction. All other line department officials in the specified area will work under the directions of DM/SDM concerned.
- Public transport such as Delhi Metro/ public buses/ autos/ taxis shall be allowed to function within its stipulated time for the transportation of only above mentioned categories of people during night curfew, as per prescribed protocols/SOPs issued by Government in this regard.
- All District Magistrates of Delhi & their counterpart District Deputy Commissioners of Police and all authorities concerned shall ensure strict compliance of this order and shall adequately inform and sensitize the field functionaries about these instructions for strict compliance, in letter and spirit. All enforcement authorities to note that these restrictions fundamentally relate to movement of people, but not to that of essential goods / services.
- In case any person is found violating the aforesaid instructions, the defaulting person(s) shall be proceeded against as per the provisions of section 51 to 60 of Disaster Management Act, 2005, Section 188 of IPC and other applicable laws.
Chief Secretary, Delhi
Copy for compliance to:
- All Additional Chief Secretaries/Principal Secretaries/Secretaries/HODs of Government of NCT
- Commissioner of Police, Delhi
- Chairman, New Delhi Municipal Council
- Commissioner (South DMC/East DMC/North DMC)
- Secretary (I&P) for wide publicity in NCT of Delhi
- Secretary (IT) with the request to operationalise e-pass system on website http://www.delhi.gov.in.
- CEO, Delhi Cantonment Board
- All District Magistrates of Delhi
- All District DCPs of Delhi
- DGHS, GNCTD
Copy for kind information to:-
- Secretary to Hon’ble Lt. Governor, Delhi
- Addl. Secretary to Hon’ble Chief Minister, GNCTD
- Secretary to Hon’ble Dy. Chief Minister, GNCTD
- Secretary to Hon’ble Minister of Health, GNCTD
- Secretary to Hon’ble Minister of Revenue, GNCTD
- Secretary to Hon’ble Minister of Labour, GNCTD
- Secretary to Hon’ble Minister of Social Welfare, GNCTD
- Secretary to Hon’ble Minister of Food & Supply, GNCTD
- Addl. Chief Secretary (Power)/ State Nodal Officer, GNCTD
- Addl. Chief Secretary (UD), GNCTD
- Pr. Secretary (Home), GNCTD
- Pr. Secretary (Health), GNCTD
- Pr. Secretary (Revenue)-cum-Divisional Commissioner, GNCTD
- All members of State Executive Committee, DDMA, GNCTD
- System Analyst, O/o Divisional Commissioner, Delhi for uploading of the order on website — ddma.delhigovt.nic.in.
- Guard file