GOVERNMENT OF NCT OF DELHI
DELHI DISASTER MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY
No. F.1.(589)/DDMA(HQ)/Misc. Matters/COVID/21/368 Dated: 10.04.2021
Whereas, the Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) is satisfied that the NCT of Delhi is threatened with the spread of COVID-19 epidemic, which has already been declared as a pandemic by the World Health Organization, and has considered it necessary to take effective measures to prevent its spread in NCT of Delhi;
And whereas, Delhi Disaster Management Authority has issued various orders/instructions from time to time to all authorities concerned to take all required measures to appropriately deal with the situation;
And whereas, Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India has issued Order & DO letter No. 40-3/2020-DM-I(A) dated 23.03.2021, which inter alia provides that states/UTs, based on their assessment of the situation, may impose local restrictions at district/sub-district and city/ward level, with a view to contain the spread of COVID-19 and accordingly Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) issued Order No. 363 dated 27.03.2021 with regard to permissible/prohibited activities (applicable as on today);
And whereas, the situation of COVID-19 in Delhi has been assessed / reviewed and it has been observed that there has been a persistent rise in COVID-19 cases in NCT of Delhi during recent past and therefore, it has became necessary to take certain emergency measures to prevent & contain the spread of virus in the interest of public health.
Now, therefore, in exercise of powers conferred under section 22 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, the undersigned, in his capacity as Chairperson, State Executive Committee, DDMA, GNCTD, hereby directs that in the territory of NCT of Delhi (outside Containment Zones), the prohibited/restricted activities shall be as specified in the Annexure-A enclosed with this order, with immediate effect till 30.04.2021 or further orders, whichever is earlier.
Further, DDMA order dated 06.04.2021 with regard to night curfew on movement of individuals in NCT of Delhi from 10:00 pm to 05:00 am till 30.04.2021 or further orders shall remain continued.
All District Magistrates of Delhi and their counterpart District Deputy Commissioners of Police shall ensure the strict enforcement of this order and shall also adequately inform and sensitize the field functionaries about these instructions for strict compliance, in letter and spirit.
Any person violating these instructions will be liable to be proceeded against as per the provisions of section 51 to 60 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, besides legal action under section 188 of IPC, and other legal provisions as applicable.
Chief Secretary, Delhi
Copy for compliance to:
- Chairperson, Airport Authority of India, Gol
- General Manager, Northern Railways, Gol
- All Additional Chief Secretaries/Principal Secretaries/Secretaries/HODs of Government of NCT of Delhi.
- Commissioner of Police, Delhi
- Chairman, New Delhi Municipal Council
- Pr. Secretary (Transport), GNCTD
- Managing Director, DMRC
- Commissioner (South DMC/East DMC/North DMC)
- Secretary (l&P) for wide publicity in NCT of Delhi
- CEO, Delhi Cantonment Board
- All District Magistrates of Delhi
- All District DCPs of Delhi
- DGHS, GNCTD
Copy for kind information to:-
- Secretary to Hon’ble Lt. Governor, Delhi
- Addl. Secretary to Hon’ble Chief Minister, GNCTD
- Secretary to Hon’ble Dy. Chief Minister, GNCTD
- Secretary to Hon’ble Minister of Health, GNCTD
- Secretary to Hon’ble Minister of Revenue, GNCTD
- Secretary to Hon’ble Minister of Labour, GNCTD
- Secretary to Hon’ble Minister of Social Welfare, GNCTD
- Secretary to Hon’ble Minister of Food & Supply, GNCTD
- Addl. Chief Secretary (Power)/ State Nodal Officer, GNCTD
- Addl. Chief Secretary (UD), GNCTD
- Pr. Secretary (Home),GNCTD
- Pr. Secretary (Health), GNCTD
- Pr. Secretary (Revenue)-cum-Divisional Commissioner, GNCTD
- All members of State Executive Committee, DDMA, GNCTD
- System Analyst, O/o Divisional Commissioner, Delhi for uploading of the order on website — ddma.delhigovt.nic.in.
- Guard file
GOVERNMENT OF NCT OF DELHI
DELHI DISASTER MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY
(Annexure of order No.368 dated 10-04-2021 )
- The following activities shall be prohibited throughout the NCT of Delhi:
(i) All schools, colleges, educational / training / coaching institutions etc. will remain closed. Online / distance learning shall continue to be permitted and shall be encouraged.
However, the students of classes IX to XII may be called to school only for providing the academic guidance and support to the students for mid-term exams/pre-board exams/annual exams/board examinations, practical exams/project works, internal assessment after following the prescribed SOP for COVID safety issued by Directorate of Education, GNCTD and with the consent of parents.
(ii) All social / political / sports / entertainment / academic / cultural /religious / festival related and other gatherings and congregations.
(iii) All swimming pools, except being used for training of sport persons for participation in National & International events.
- The following activities shall be permitted with restrictions as specified below. No permission is required from any authority for undertaking the following permitted activities:
(i) Funeral / last rites related.gatherings are allowed upto 20 persons.
(ii) Marriage related gatherings are allowed upto 50 persons.
(iii) Restaurants and Bars are allowed upto 50% of the seating capacity.
(iv) Transportation by Delhi Metro: 50% of capacity of metro coach
(v) Transportation by buses: Intra-State (within NCT of Delhi) movement of buses (DTC as well as Cluster) shall be permitted with the condition that not more than 50 % of bus capacity shall be allowed at one time inside the bus. In the case of buses, boarding shall be allowed only from the rear door while de-boarding shall be allowed only from the front door.
(v) Stadia for organizing sports events shall be allowed without spectators.
(vi) Cinemas/theaters/multiplexes will be permitted to open with upto 50% of their seating capacity.
(vii) All Government offices of NCT of Delhi / Autonomous bodies / PSUs / Corporations / Local Bodies shall function with officers of the level of Grade-I /equivalent and above to the extent of 100% strength. The remaining staff will attend upto 50% as per requirement to be assessed by HOD concerned (remaining 50% of the staff will work from home). All HODs shall issue consequential orders in respect of their concerned department in this regard. However, Health and Family Welfare and all related medical establishments, Police, Prisons, Home Guards, Civil Defence, Fire and emergency Services, District Administration, Pay & Account Office, Electricity, Water and Sanitation, Disaster Management and related services, NIC, NCC and Municipal services, and all other essential services shall function without any restrictions and delivery of public services shall be ensured and necessary staff will be deployed for such purpose.
(viii) Private offices/ organizations are advised to stagger the office timings and also stagger the presence and quantum of staff with an objective to reduce the number of employees attending office at the same time. They are further advised to follow the practice of work from home, as far as possible.
- A negative RT-PCR report (not older than 72 hours prior to undertaking the journey) shall be compulsory for all such persons who are arriving from Maharashtra to NCT of Delhi by Air. The passengers who are found without a negative report will have to remain quarantine for 14 days. All Constitutional & Government functionaries and their staff members are exempted from these instructions, if they are asymptomatic.
- All other activities will be permitted, except those which are specifically prohibited / restricted. However, in Containment Zones, only essential activities shall be allowed.
- There shall be no restriction on inter-state and intra-state movement of persons and goods including those for Cross-land border trade under Treaties with neighboring countries. No separate permission / approval / e-permit will be required for such movements.
- In the containment zones, all measures shall be taken strictly as prescribed by MoHFW, Gol as well as H&FW Department, GNCTD, in letter & spirit by all authorities concerned.
- The guidelines for effective control of COVID-19 as issued by MHA, Gol vide Order No. 40-3/2020-DM-I(A) dated 23.03.2021 which has already been circulated vide DDMA Order No. 363 dated 27.03.2021 shall remain continued.
- The permitted / restricted activities shall be allowed subject to strict compliance of SoPs issued by Gol and GNCTD from time to time.